Marko Apfel - Afghanistan/Belgium/Germany

BizTalk

C#

Enterprise Library

SAP

SQL Server

Technologie

Normally the thumbnails at the new tab page are organized by how often you visited a page.

But after removing such a thumbnail by clicking the little gray cross at the right top corner deactivates the logic for this page on the whole. The page is added to an internal black list.

So the idea to visited the site often enough newly does not work to show the thumbnail from this page again.

So we have to choices:

• reset the black list
  • remove an entry from the blacklist

Reset the black list

image

Removing an entry from the blacklist

In newer versions of Google Chrome you will find the black in the preferences file themselves. This is located under “%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Preferences”. There are a section “most_visited_blacklist” to configure the entries. But till yet I does not investigate the logic behind the notation there.

It seems that in older Version was an stand alone file for that (“%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\most_visited_blacklist”).

posted on Monday, February 20, 2012 11:26 AM

Feedback

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 6/28/2013 5:33 PM Yvan Dubois
Path for Google Chrome is "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences"

The other path is for Chromium.

junhyjunhy

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 10/14/2013 8:33 PM Joyce
"Reset the black list
By removing another thumbnail from your “New Tab” page you will get a toolbar at the top with the option to restore all thumbnails"

For Google Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69 m, the toolbar is at the BOTTOM.
THANK YOU! I'm very happy to have my thumbnails back!

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 12/28/2013 6:57 AM T-Will
Awesome, that restored my hidden sites! Thanks!

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 2/4/2014 7:32 PM MisoW
Thanks, works great! :)

# What does "Thumbnails Restore Undo All" means 8/21/2014 8:12 AM Frank
Obviously, I removed a/some thumbnails on purpose. Or accidently. Why is my system asking me what I want to do re: this function. Is this a tracking component of Google Chrome?

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 8/22/2014 1:47 AM Bill Amstutz
This was no help, I deleted a few thumbnails, the site was put back to normal, something I thought would not happen, now it would be nice to have it back on my new page.

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 4/20/2016 5:57 PM Thomas Belvedere
I spent days trying all the solutions offered. The answer is as simple as it is common sense.

Uninstall Goggle Chrome, then reinstall it. The thumbnails will appear refreshed, ready to go. The problem is simply the Chrome files get corrupted over time.

Try it. It works

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 5/11/2016 3:46 PM Kate
One shouldn't have to uninstall software to restore the interface to its prior functionality. It means having to re-install all the extensions and re-set all the preferences. It is a Google software interface problem that they should have fixed by now. I've been searching forums on this that go back to 2012 and all the workarounds I've seen are a pain.

#  Windows 10: Restoring accidentally removed thumbnails in Google Chrome 11/4/2016 11:57 PM Natalka
I was changing my google chrome start up page and ended up deleting all my thumbnails-now I just have my new picture. I want my thumbnails back. How do I do that?

# re: Restoring removed thumbnails in Google Chrome “New Tab” overview site 12/16/2016 12:03 AM Mark Hoy
Would like to restore thumbnails from old chrome to new
google chrome